Sales tracking is not something that should be done by hand on paper. Manual sales tracking and lead management via a notebook or an Excel spreadsheet inevitably leaves too much room for errors. As the manager of your business how can you quickly answer simple questions like: How many open leads do I have right now in my sales pipeline? Which sales-phase is each one of those leads currently in? What actions have I scheduled to advance these leads through the sales process? What are my best lead source channels? What am I doing to generate more qualified leads from my sources?
Drawbacks of using a paper file tracking system, to name a few:
1. No quick and easy way to access lead and/or task data.
2. Little or no security (especially when tracking PHI)
3. Using a manual method of tracking makes your staff indispensable; if they leave, their notebook goes with them
4. A complete absence of reporting
5. No standardization, organization or collaboration with lead tracking amongst staff members
6. No back-up of valuable data
A smarter solution is to adopt a secure, effective and easy-to-use lead management system to track all of your business while sharing that information in real time with your team.
Automated lead tracking and management of the sales pipeline provides a central storehouse of essential information about your business. Housing this data in one place provides you the ability to export that data in a meaningful format to perform e-blasts, marketing campaigns, and other important collaborative efforts to replicate success.
An effective sales tracking solution like YGL does not have to be complicated, expensive or require intense resources. Every business, regardless of size, should seriously consider automating their sales tracking processes.